Having an online presence on social media and blogs becoming increasingly important to everyone. For me to create a blog is the best way to gain followers and probably the best starts to become entrepreneurs. I strongly recommend you to start a blog now, do not wait until next month or next year. This article will explain on how to install WordPress on HostGator web hosting.
Many were inspired to start a blog and want to make money through it as they see others succeed. At that point, you may be too late because the time is not waiting for you. Unique, high-quality content is king. But the domain ages also play a role in your website’s ranking. This is because the new site often does not have much content. But by continuing to write some quality article on your blog will help to improve a position in the search engine. After several months, the search engine raking position(SERP) will be based on website visitors that looking for good content on your blog, so the domain age is no longer such an important issue.
Most people are afraid to start their own blog because they felt they did not have the required skills and ideas how to play with the computer code, computer databases, or software that sound sophisticated. This guide covers how to set up a WordPress website from scratch because all the concerns above are actually not necessary.
How to Install WordPress on Hostgator
Good news for those of you who are reading this article and may intend to start a WordPress blog is that build self-hosted WordPress is actually very simple. It does not require high computer skills and does not require you to be a website’s programmer. The efforts to run the blog post afterward also easier if you plan it carefully. To start a WordPress blogs I highly recommend you to use self-hosted shared web hosting to plan for Bluehost or Hostgator.
HostGator is one of the largest web hosting brand and most recognized worldwide. Known for its high level of support and reliable web hosting plan, it comes as no surprise that more than eight million pages of internet use HostGator as their web host.
HostGator is a hosting company that I have used to start a WordPress blog a few year ago. It gave me the option of paying for hosting a monthly basis. Monthly cost a bit higher if compared to Bluehost (and you do not get a free domain when such registration with Bluehost), but it’s great for anyone that wants to be able to pay a little bit at a time.
Active Hostgator Coupon Code
During the registration process, you will be presented with coupon fields. This field may be filled automatically with default coupon. But you can change the default coupons to any other valid coupons to maximize your savings. Please enter your coupon code and click “Validate” to have active coupon automatically calculated in your total.
The following is the HostGator discount codes are the most reliable for those who want to start a WordPress blog. It is still active and proven to be effective.
a) 1centstartablog – Use “1centstartablog” to get the first month of hosting with just one cent for Hatchling Plan and Baby Plan. Basically, 1centstartablog HostGator coupon provides a $9.94 OFF on any sale, so you buy Hostgator plan at $0.01/mo if you pay hosting monthly.
b) 25offstartablog – Use “25offstartablog” to get discount 25% discount for all hosting plan.
Please note that Hostgator have never offered a recurring discount coupon. You also can get other active coupons from Hostgator website.
How to Install WordPress through QuickInstall
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms in the internet. It is easy to start a wordpress blog because it attractive features and user-friendly interface. At HostGator, you can install WordPress through Quick Install powered by MOJO Marketplace or you can install it manually.
In the following article, I will walk through the installation of self-hosted WordPress via QuickInstall route. It’s a bit easier and does not require technical expertise.
Here are the directions to follow along with the screenshot :
1. Log into your cPanel.
2. In the Software/Services section, click on the Quick Install icon:
3. Click “Install WordPress”:
4. Once you click “Install WordPress”, you will be redirected to WordPress installation form.
- Row 1 :The Base Domain for your installation. The sub directory you would like the site to load from, if desired. Example: Should you wish your WordPress URL to be mydomain.com/blog instead of just mydomain.com. Your site will always display this extension if you enter one.
- Row 2 : For Admin Email, enter an email address where you want the admin password emailed to. Make sure this is a working email address. For “Blog Title”, enter the name of the website. This is what will appear in the header as the name of your site.
- Row 3 : For “Admin Username”, enter your preferred user name. Next, enter “Your first name”.
- Row 4 : Enter “Your last name”.
Click Install WordPress when you’re ready to proceed. Please make sure you complete the form that appears with your preferred details:
5. A progress bar at the top of the page will let you know when installation is complete. Once complete, you will be able to start working on your WordPress site.
Check your email for your WordPress username and password as well as a link to your WordPress dashboard.
6. You may also find take a note of your credentials by clicking View Credentials in the bar at the top of the page:
7. Whenever you want to publish a new post or work on your site, you will generally login to WordPress:
8. Your WordPress site will like below :
9. To add new post, click “Posts”-> Then click “Add New” :
10. Enter Your “Article title” and write “Article Content” as below. Click Publish to proceed :
11. Once your first article has been posted, you can check it :
12. To change a blog theme. go to “Appearance”, and you cal start select the theme :
13. To add additional plugin, go to “Plugins” Then click “Add New” :
Note: This article contains affiliate links which means, at no extra cost to you, I will get a commission if you choose to make a purchase. Thanks for reading article How to Install WordPress on HostGator cpanel.